Monday, September 25, 2006

Bad TV Is So Good

I am no better than the LCD folks who go to see movies like BEERFEST and AMERICAN PIE 11. Bring on the Swanson TV dinners, Hot Pockets, and Mountain Dew. Put me in clothes with brand names plastered all over them. Set me in front of E! True Hollywood Story for hours at a time.

Okay, I don't go to see stupid LCD movies. (Does PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2 count?) And I won't consume Hot Pockets or guzzle Mountain Dew (blech). But I am officially addicted to a very popular television show watched by millions. For some reason, my addiction to LOST doesn't make me feel as ashamed as this addiction does. All right, here's my confession:

I am addicted to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

Why? The writing on D.H. is really smart and funny and the actresses are all really talented. I mean, Felicity Huffman is incredible. (And I have a giant crush on her.) I shouldn't feel so bad, should I? I never watched the show until about six months ago when my sister got me hooked. And then the season premiere was on last night. It's a very funny show! Filled with murder and intrigue and hilarity. Here's another sick confession: When MELROSE PLACE was on, I was a true addict. My friend Jon and I would watch it every week and die laughing. We still quote lines from it: "Kimberly, don't flip your wig!" and my favorite: "You just got greedy!" (Screamed by this bitch girlfriend of Jack Wagner to a homeless guy J.W. hit with his car. The homeless guy started extorting money from them after the accident.) That show was the best; nothing can compare to its total trashiness and ridiculousness. It was awesome.

They should have a MELROSE PLACE reunion two-hour movie. Whatever happened to the guy who played Billy? Remember when Courtney Thorne-Smith went blind and then she regained her sight, but she still pretended to be blind so Billy would take care of her? And then Billy discovered the awful ploy and went ballistic? How great was that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home