Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Landslide

I'm sitting on the front porch doing some work on my laptop. For a long time it was really bright outside, then all of a sudden clouds took over the sky and it's cool and cloudy and gray now. About a minute after that happened, Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" came on, one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. But it's kind of uplifting too. So right now I'm feeling this strange mixture of sadness and glee.

A little known fact: I love Fleetwood Mac. I actually saw them in concert in St. Louis in 1987. Scarier: I love anything by Stevie Nicks. If you knew how many times I've rocked out by myself to "Stand Back," you'd never talk to me again.

"Thunder Only Happens" is next. Here are the lyrics to "Landslide":

I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'cause Ive built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, maybe the landslide will bring it down

***

The clouds just drifted away. It's sunny again now. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home