Saturday, October 21, 2006

A "Horrifying" Week

I've been very domestic lately, especially in the kitchen. The other night I made a huge vat of soup: lentils, tomatoes, spinach, carrot, celery, onion, thyme, sage, garlic, lemon juice, etc. It was amazing. That night I also made pumpkin cream cheese muffins. In a few minutes I'm going to make blueberry oatmeal muffins. I'm out of foil/paper muffin liners, so I'll have to make sure I oil the pan well. There's nothing worse than having to wash crusty muffin pans. Well, nuclear war is worse, I guess.

Later today my sister and I are going to a church carnival in Los Feliz. I'm torn about going on the rides. Seems like there's always some news story about how an 8-year-old got hurled to his death on some crappy carnival ride. I don't want to end up a statistic!

Over the past week, I've watched so many horror movies. I'm on a weird kick because it's almost Halloween. Oh! I also bought a pumpkin last night, so the kitchen will be a mess soon with my mad carving. Here are the movies I watched this week:


--THE RING (just okay, not scary except for when the crazy dead girl, Samara, climbs out of the TV set. That part made me scream)

--THE RING 2 (a little scary, not that great of a movie)

--SHAUN OF THE DEAD (I'd seen it before; it's awesome)

--DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978. It's so sick and hilarious but way too long)

--V FOR VENDETTA (amazing!!!!! highly recommended)

--A STRANGER IS WATCHING (1982. Kate Mulgrew and Rip Torn. Really stupid. There's this idiotic 10-year-old girl who never takes any action against the killer. Her character (Julie) is completely retarded. My sister and I kept yelling at her while we were watching the movie: "Call 911, you idiot!" or "The door's open! LEAVE AND GET HELP!!!!")

--WENDIGO: (2002. Only good part was the kid who plays Dewey on MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. Seriously, this is such a crappy film. And it had all these great reviews on the DVD box from the LA WEEKLY and THE NEW YORK TIMES. But it's a serious piece of crap.)

--STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951, Hitchcock. This movie was a big disappointment to me. I read the book a few weeks ago but had never seen the movie. The novel is 100 times better, much darker and it goes into the characters' heads much more. I don't know what I would have thought of this film if I hadn't read the novel. I probably would have liked it a lot more. Still, there are a couple of cool scenes in it. Farley Granger, the lead man, was so bad in this. His performance was completely stiff. Flat-out terrible.)

--28 DAYS LATER (awesome. This was my second or third time seeing it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home