Saturday, December 02, 2006

Toys I Had When I Was a Kid

This is the first post of many in this subject to come. Below are photos of toys I had with a kid, along with comments.


This Ernie puppet was one of my favorites. He's probably in a landfill now. That's so sad.




I was freakin' TRANSFIXED by this Fisher Price desk set. One day, when I was about four, my brother took a bunch of the letters and put them in a skillet on the (lit) stove because he wanted to make alphabet soup. The results were disastrous.




Remember this heterosexist, homophobic game? The object is to get married, get rich, and have as many kids as possible. I remember they had these little pink and blue "people pegs" you inserted into your game piece (which was a little car). Maybe I should create a version called The Gay Game of Life. The car will be a Miata and it will play Cher's "Believe."




When I was eight, I begged my mother for a ventriloquist dummy. I was obsessed with them. For Christmas I got this one, named Tessie Talk. My mom found her in the Sears catalog. I was disappointed because I wanted a Charlie McCarthy-esque ventriloquist dummy, and this one was a far cry from the classic dummies of yesteryear. After a while, Tessie started to scare me. For some reason I decided to shellac her hair with orange paint, and then I stowed her away in a box in the basement.




One of my faves: Fisher Price's Jolly Jalopy pulltoy. The tires made a loud clicking noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home