Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Zipper

Last night my sister and I went to a carnival at Our Mother of Good Counsel Church/School. We went on a ride called The Zipper. You get in a cage and it spins you around like crazy. I kept pissing off my sister because I was yelling, "I'm gonna puke!" over and over and over. I was seriously freaked out. I kept thinking the door to the cage was going to fling open and hurl us 70 feet down. I swear, crappy carnival rides are scarier than big amusement park rides. I really thought we were going to die on that thing.

We saw a sign that said the carnies were hiring: TRAVELING JOBS. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER. My sister suggested I apply. I know I'd get raped my first night out with that scary bunch of carnies. They all looked like crackheads, except for the guy who ran The Zipper. He looked like a West Point cadet.

When we got home we watched DONNIE DARKO (an amazing film!). Just now we finished watching FAMILY PLOT (1976), Hitchcock's final movie, starring Bruce Dern, Karen Black, Barbara Harris, and William Devane. Katherine Helmond has a bit part in it. It's hilarious.

I'm almost finished reading a novel by Andrew Holleran called GRIEF. It's also pretty wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home